Friday, November 28, 2008

The Mute Prophet

On the weekend I had a stall, I sold clothes and teapots and old powder puff compacts from the 50's. The money I earned was fairly ace but the greatest thing happened and it was...

Just picture a man dressed in furs and skins and coffee coloured materials walking bare foot, leaning on his magnificently carved walking stick, with dread locks, wrinkled skin and wise eyes.

"He doesn't speak, he thinks he is a prophet"
"A prophet?"
"Yes, A prophet!"

So as this man walked around the market my eyes walked with him until!
*suspense increases*

The prophet approached my stall, we made eye contact, I looked away.
He Nodded, I admit to blushing and slouching a little.
He said "How Much?" pointing to an unimportant object on my table, I freaked out, smiled and slowly nodded.

Not only does this make me extremely happy but it brakes my heart to think that all this time no one thought he talked and hence did not talk to him...

So the meaning of all of this ranting IS, that even if you suspect someone is a mute prophet do not hold back and chat.
You never know, maybe he will want to know the price of an umimportant object on your table too.

3 comments:

kg said...

oh that dear gentlemen.

Tilly said...

you r a creative genious.

Riddle said...

all true stories.